Wednesday, September 06, 2006

I am kind of embarassed

to announce that the toilet training gods love me, so far. Dominic did have three accidents yesterday (one poop, two pee), but when he got home from day care he pooped in the toilet.

We were all so proud, gathered around the two little turds like it was a holiday. I actually took a picture. Sad, but true.

In other, non-mommy news, Eric and I are both working today for the first time in nine months. We dropped the kids at day care and drove into town kind of quietly, but when we had parked and were walking in, we looked at each other in a kind of awe. At almost the same time, we said words to the effect of "We are civilized adults today!" No kids. Tidy clothes. Peace and quiet to do our work. Breaks to meet for coffee and chat calmly.

I am so far gone I don't even feel like a bad mommy. Dominic loves day care and Philippe will adjust. I really need this time to put my brain to work and get away from the endless ball and chain of laundry and dishes and meals. Another day I will feel sad that I am not spending all my time with them, but not now.

Off to prepare a lecture on the modern period. Here's a famous modern poem just for you guys.

The Red Wheelbarrow

so much depends
upon

a red wheel
barrow

glazed with rain
water

beside the white
chickens

-William Carlos Williams

19 Comments:

Blogger Swami said...

Me likey that poem! I never read poetry anymore, but I did have a youthful fascination with e.e. cummings.

May I please see the photo of the Coco Family gathered around the family toilet? Lol...

Welcome back to civilization, Coco. So to speak.

9:30 a.m.  
Blogger Zombs said...

Yay for Dom!

I am very jealous about you going to work. I am looking forward to having this baby and getting a part time job. The strain is getting to me. I need adult stimulation.

I am glad you and Eric get to spend time during the day too together sans kids!

I like that poem too! Anything with chickens is cool!

9:58 a.m.  
Blogger Zombs said...

Yay for Dom!

I am very jealous about you going to work. I am looking forward to having this baby and getting a part time job. The strain is getting to me. I need adult stimulation.

I am glad you and Eric get to spend time during the day too together sans kids!

I like that poem too! Anything with chickens is cool!

9:58 a.m.  
Blogger Zombs said...

Yay for Dom!

I am very jealous about you going to work. I am looking forward to having this baby and getting a part time job. The strain is getting to me. I need adult stimulation.

I am glad you and Eric get to spend time during the day too together sans kids!

I like that poem too! Anything with chickens is cool!

9:58 a.m.  
Blogger Lasann said...

I am sort of
lost

Because I don't know
where

My post with my fabulous poem
went

And it was so meaningful to all
here

10:11 a.m.  
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

MMMM, chicken.

I'm so glad you get "adult time" now! It's important.

11:21 a.m.  
Blogger Breezy said...

*giggle* That'll be a great pic to show Dom's first real girlfriend.

11:38 a.m.  
Blogger Schnookie said...

OMH! You took a pic of his turds? *gigglesnort*

How many changes of undies does Dominou bring to school with him?

12:47 p.m.  
Blogger Coco said...

Typical. The day I don't care about my kids' day care experience is the day that I arrive at twelve-thirty to nurse Flip and am told that Dominic has been a bit of a brat today (he was sitting in the corner when I got there) and that the provider had called me (at home.. why not at work??) to say that Philippe was crying non-stop and please come and get him.

Gah. Anyway, he's sleeping, at the day care, and I'll go and pick him up when he wakes up.


Zombs, it seems like you are posting for two nowadays. *snort*
And isn't 'adult stimulation' how you got pregnant in the first place?

12:53 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Conner will not touch underwear. I bought him the cutest Elmo underwear, and he says no. He wants his Bob the Builder pull-ups. He will pee in the potty.

I think he has pooped a few times. But he is very inconsistent. I think he only does it to appease us. Last week he used the potty at least once everyday, so in addition to his potty stickers, he got a Dora DVD at the end of the week.

This morning a two-year old girl walked into the bathroom at school, pulled down her underpants, peed, wiped and pulled them back up. I just stood there stunned. He will be 3 next month.

Flip will adjust. I promise. And Dom will be a brat again. I promise.

So glad you are back to the real world!!! Just be careful during those coffee breaks.

1:00 p.m.  
Blogger Monstah said...

Say! You could get that first poo made into sculpture a la TomKat; which if you want my professional mommy opinion that poo they bronzed was in NO WAY an infant's poo.

Still trying to get to NH...decided to do giraffe grilled cheese at home rather than on the road.

1:19 p.m.  
Blogger mm said...

I'm glad you're getting out of the house, Coco. The adult time you will get out there, will help you be a better mommy at home.

*snort* @ taking a pic of the poop!

2:20 p.m.  
Blogger Zombs said...

I can't get anyone to poop on the potty!

Belle is in underwear now but poops in it. Jack? I sit him on the potty and he looks at me. I put warm water in his lap and he laughs. Then he very seriously looks at me and says "I need Daddy". Nods and gets off. But he does nothing with Daddy.

They really told you to come get him just cause he is crying?

2:52 p.m.  
Blogger Bravie said...

I bet if you gave your lecture on the modern period with a maxi pad wrapper stuck to your head, it would go over much better. I've heard that's all the rage these days.

3:13 p.m.  
Blogger Bravie said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:14 p.m.  
Blogger Aislinn Sirk said...

Maybe you could buy some earplugs for your lovely daycare provider?

4:15 p.m.  
Blogger Puffy said...

I'm with Carey. I thought a lecture on the "modern period" had something to do with Sex Ed.

6:47 p.m.  
Blogger Zombs said...

Coco! I need you and your advice on a big bad baby name for me! Please report to my blog at your earliest convenience.

2:21 p.m.  
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

Yes, Zombie needs help. She's considering Fantasmor.

3:17 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home