Hold those cookies.
I just realized that this is a bad weekend for putting up the cookie announcement. Can everyone contain their excitement until next week? Lots of people are away from the blogs (drinking tea, apparently, or giving birth) and Hallowe'en is still not done. If everyone agrees, I'll put up the potential rules on Thursday.
Plus, I have to go to Quebec City this weekend and spend time with my MIL, who is out for my blood. I wish I were imagining it, but Eric agrees. The thing is, she is too sick to do her regular work but not sick enough to not be bored, if that makes sense. She gets tired of reading and watching TV, and her favourite activity is meddling in other people's lives. It's right up her alley to start a feud with me to make life interesting.
There have been all sorts of little incidents in the last two months that make me very nervous, and I unintentionally helped her cause along on Tuesday by hanging up on her collect call (she was in hospital for treatment and called to talk, and I mistakenly thought it was a telemarketer and hung up). Then, she called yesterday at lunchtime, which is a) a really weird time to call because she knows Eric isn't home and b) suspicious, because she called collect. My guess is she was trying to see if I would hang up on her again. Then, when I didn't, she proceeded to tell me eighteen times that she was worried she wouldn't be able to get hold of us if there was an emergency from the hospital. Fair enough, except if there was a real emergency, the doctors or Eric's sister would call us. Still, I understand her concern; she's older, she worries. It was just the weird timing of the call combined with a few side comments that she made about us visiting (we were supposed to go last weekend and Eric decided that he didn't want to .. however, she thinks it was me that refused to go) that really confirmed my gut feeling that she is spoiling for a good fight.
She won't get me, though. I will be polite and bland and inoffensive until the cows come home.
Sorry for the rant. In other news, I am super-de-deuper excited about Baby Day, and am also wondering if Sneezy found all the naked cards.
Plus, I have to go to Quebec City this weekend and spend time with my MIL, who is out for my blood. I wish I were imagining it, but Eric agrees. The thing is, she is too sick to do her regular work but not sick enough to not be bored, if that makes sense. She gets tired of reading and watching TV, and her favourite activity is meddling in other people's lives. It's right up her alley to start a feud with me to make life interesting.
There have been all sorts of little incidents in the last two months that make me very nervous, and I unintentionally helped her cause along on Tuesday by hanging up on her collect call (she was in hospital for treatment and called to talk, and I mistakenly thought it was a telemarketer and hung up). Then, she called yesterday at lunchtime, which is a) a really weird time to call because she knows Eric isn't home and b) suspicious, because she called collect. My guess is she was trying to see if I would hang up on her again. Then, when I didn't, she proceeded to tell me eighteen times that she was worried she wouldn't be able to get hold of us if there was an emergency from the hospital. Fair enough, except if there was a real emergency, the doctors or Eric's sister would call us. Still, I understand her concern; she's older, she worries. It was just the weird timing of the call combined with a few side comments that she made about us visiting (we were supposed to go last weekend and Eric decided that he didn't want to .. however, she thinks it was me that refused to go) that really confirmed my gut feeling that she is spoiling for a good fight.
She won't get me, though. I will be polite and bland and inoffensive until the cows come home.
Sorry for the rant. In other news, I am super-de-deuper excited about Baby Day, and am also wondering if Sneezy found all the naked cards.

15 Comments:
Is this where I exchange my address for cookies? Because I'm totally for that! *grin*
I liked last years exchange.
Bob <-- has slightly different defination of exchange.
I guess I'll be the first serious responder here. Yes.
I'd like to participate. What are the rules and regulations?
Can there be rules?
Okay, rules. I will work on those. Right after I fend off the impending mother-in-law of doom threat.
Hi Coco! I love you!
*rubs belly*
I really want to do this this year but I am not committing yet. As soon as you set it up for time frame and stuff I will have to give my answer. I honestly don't know if it will be hectic here. OR maybe I will just buy Holiday Oreos.
What are you DOING on the blog? Go get unpregnant already!
*wriggle*
Yes, we must have an update on Sneezy's naked card adventure!
Good luck with the MIL. Sounds like one big headache.
I wasn't here for last year's exchange, but I like baking & I like cookies!
Kim<---is eating a pumpkin cookie from the cafeteria right now.
Keep smiling all weekend!
MIL's are so much fun, I have two. Not step ones... (story for another day.)
MIL-W(DH's birth mom) came to visit us before B was born. We were moving to Oregon within a month of his birth. So we were arranging a Uhaul truck - also were going to travel thru CA, and if there was room in the truck, were going to pick up her stuff and move her there too. ( she was on disability, no job holding her down.) Well, We chose the size of truck that PERFECTLY fit all our belongings.. SHE claimed that I did it so she couldn't go.. held that against me for a LONG time. Hate to say it, but she is a nutcase.. still dealing with her now. (sorry for rambling.. I'll have to blog it sometime.)
Coco-
There are two words I do not associate with you - bland and inoffensive.
As for the naked cards current count
Sneezy: 50
Coco: 2
Where did you get creative?
Further to creative, I invite all halloweenies looking for low-tech, fast assembling, bad pun-ing costumes ideas at http://www.costumeideazone.com/index.htm
*tosses cookies*
I might participate this year...but even if I don't I still get cookies, right?
You know, you could always get "MIL Gordie" a screen name and set her loose on OT. People seem poised to fight over there.
*tosses cookies again*
*carefully steps over tossed cookies*
MILs are the main downside to marriage. Now and then you read stories of marvelous MILs, but no one I know has one of those.
*looks down blog* Sorry about your rebelling boobies. It does get to be too much, doesn't it? After nursing 3 kids, with the last 2 only 14 months apart, I lost all interest in my boobs. They are not particularly errogenous zones to me any more. The inside of my elbows, the back of my neck, between my toes - anywhere but the boobs, please.
In laws are one of the reasons I've never gotten married. You don't get in laws if you're single.
*hugs* for the beleaguered Coco
Post a Comment
<< Home