Punishing Procrastination?
I think the post gods are trying to tell me something. I just got half a post typed out and it was erased.
Anyway, some miscellany.
1. The Christmas plans have been saved. Everything is as before, but we are going to evaluate whether or not we are doing it here or at the cottage. I can live with this.
2. While procrastinating, Eric and I came up with three names that we will take to the hospital. They are Philippe Alexandre, Joseph Étienne, and Francis Gabriel. I am really pleased with these; of course, that may change, but right now I feel really reassured that this child will not remain nameless as long as Dominic did.
3. I love my new mug. Eric has one the same size and shape and I have been coveting it, because it is very large and comfy to hold. Now I have one that is nicer than his. Thank you Boo!
4. Dominic is all restless in his bed because we rearranged his room today. His crib faces a different direction, we added his toddler bed, and the cradle is in there now. The changing table is now in the hall for easy nighttime changes of the forthcoming poop machine.
5. I still have thirteen pages left to do on my paper. For those of you who can count, that means only seven are written. Rough copy, not on the computer. Plus I have the bibliograpy and two appendices (fussy charts; I hate métalinguistique) to type out. Then I have to have someone who doesn't make constant and stupid French errors to proofread it. Gah.
I am going to go and do that now. Hope you all have a great evening.
Anyway, some miscellany.
1. The Christmas plans have been saved. Everything is as before, but we are going to evaluate whether or not we are doing it here or at the cottage. I can live with this.
2. While procrastinating, Eric and I came up with three names that we will take to the hospital. They are Philippe Alexandre, Joseph Étienne, and Francis Gabriel. I am really pleased with these; of course, that may change, but right now I feel really reassured that this child will not remain nameless as long as Dominic did.
3. I love my new mug. Eric has one the same size and shape and I have been coveting it, because it is very large and comfy to hold. Now I have one that is nicer than his. Thank you Boo!
4. Dominic is all restless in his bed because we rearranged his room today. His crib faces a different direction, we added his toddler bed, and the cradle is in there now. The changing table is now in the hall for easy nighttime changes of the forthcoming poop machine.
5. I still have thirteen pages left to do on my paper. For those of you who can count, that means only seven are written. Rough copy, not on the computer. Plus I have the bibliograpy and two appendices (fussy charts; I hate métalinguistique) to type out. Then I have to have someone who doesn't make constant and stupid French errors to proofread it. Gah.
I am going to go and do that now. Hope you all have a great evening.

19 Comments:
1. Good. I'm very happy to hear this. Choose whichever place makes it easiest on you, now.
2. Love the names! I like Joseph a lot, but do not know how to pronounce the middle name.
3. MM <--jealous
4. So, is he sleeping in the crib still, but just has the toddler bed ready for the switch?
5. I don't know why you're stressing about this. You have nothing but time on your hands, right? ;-)
Hi, MM! I'm still procrastinating!
My paper is due Monday at noon, which is why the panic. I really have to get to it, and NOW. Eek.
Étienne is pronounced like it looks, almost : eh-TEE-en.
Dominic is in his crib still. We just put the bed in for him to get used to looking at it.
*smooch*
Love the combination of "Philippe Alexandre".
*smooooooooooch* Glad to hear the holiday plans are working out as you wanted.
Great idea about the bed! My twins shared a room, so we didn't have enough room to do that, but I'll bet it would have made the transition easier.
Now get back to work, missy!
MM <--trying to be a helpful hardass
Did you have to use the word penis in my blog?
(As far as the names go, I love them all but you know my favorite.)
Yes, Monsty, Eric made me.
(I don't like to tattle, but just in case you want to know, he made another dog joke about you yesterday.)
I was all set to come in here and give you support by singing the "You Can Do It, I Know You Can" song but you know what? Because that husband of yours is such a joker, I am going to take my inspirational song elsewhere and he can just indirectly suffer the pains of your procrastination.
Don't tell him I told you, Monsty, but when I pointed out the cookies that I got from Boo, he said "But I want to taste Monsty's cookies." When I told him you did in fact send cookies but that you had not participated in the official cookie exchange, he asked "But did her dog participate?"
I think he just thinks you're cute and that's why he's teasing you. Boys do that.
I like Joseph Alexandre. I know that wasn't a choice though.
*takes another bite of Golden Grahams*
Wow. I was just in Monsty's blog making guesses and I put "Gaston" for the name, but my first choice was "Etienne". I deleted it because it wasn't sufficiently stereotypical. I like "Etienne".
I suspect my virtual clairvoyance is due to my completely sober state.
Yeah for names and Christmas plans. I think you and Eric should choose Augie's name in the baby pool. It flows nicely with Dominic's name.
I am now suffering some guilt as I must also edit a paper that I should have finished yesterday. I hate doing work on Sunday (my one day off). I like Philippe.
1. I still need to catch up on Number 1; I've been busy. I only came in to check on a cookie delivery.
2. Philippe Alexandre: This is my favorite. I love "Alex" names. We had that on our list. But now we have a neighbor with that name, so it worked out for the better.
3. *blushes again* You're welcome!
4. I still love my "cage."
5. I so don't miss this.
6. *smooch*
You NEVER sign onto MSN. I see you flitting all about and yet you never sign in.
I guess I will just chat with you here.
My husband was eating a pistachio mousse while holding N. at a party and out of the corner of my eye I saw him put some on his finger and was all set to have N. lick it. Needless to say, I was furious. First, it is sugar and the amount on his finger was too much and MOREOEVER it was made with real pistachio nuts. Can you imagine if my baby had an allergic reaction. I stopped him before the finger went near Nathaniel's mouth. And I let him have it for not thinking. He knows the nut rule. I can kind of understand the sugar thing but I could have strangled him for not even thinking about the nuts.
Quel twit.
*going to sign into MSN toute de suite*
Ah. Well, now you're offline. Still, I'll be on the computer all night, so come back.
Anyone else have MSN? My ID is coco_whaque if you want to add me.
*back to paper*
You guys have MSN? Everyone always seems to have Yahoo and I can't have Yahoo because my husband has little tantrums everytime I try. "Yahoo is taking over the computer!" "Yahoo is doing things in the background!" Such a fuss he makes. MSN? Might fly.
My son's middle name is Alexander. His first is Michael. So we call him Max.
Swami, we almost did Alexander Michael. Nice name. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home