Wednesday, December 28, 2005

This Sucks

Well, I am still in pre-labour, only more so. My whole body aches, especially my hips, the baby feels lower (as in "going to fall out" lower), and I have, to put it mildly, digestive malaise. Plus, I am more and more ambivalent about this whole new baby concept, not to mention the idea of giving birth again.

The only up side to this is that my mom is so freaked out by these symptoms that she is changing her ticket to arrive tomorrow night, rather than on the fourth. This removes one of the stresses, as now all I have to do is shoot for the window between 12:01 January 1st (when the parental benefits increase) and sometime on the afternoon of the second (when my doctor goes on leave for a month). Piece of fruitcake.

ooooooooohhhh I got cookies! T-kit, they are totally fabulous! Eric was thrilled to see the peanut blossoms (Boo sent some too and he loved them, so he's busy killing things on the computer and snarfing them down. He says thanks) and I tested the cherry things and the bars, which are both equally marvellous. Thank you a million times!

42 Comments:

Blogger yvonne said...

*big smooch* to Coco.

It'll be over soon and you'll have a sweet baby. Yay!

10:04 a.m.  
Blogger Sonya said...

Poor Coco. I was asking for sympathy and now I feel guilty. You deserve it so much more than me.

*hugs*

10:13 a.m.  
Blogger Coco said...

You can have sympathy too, Sonya.

*sympathy hugs*

What's wrong?

10:15 a.m.  
Blogger momma said...

*big smooch*

Sweetie, I don't think you're going to make it to the 1st.

10:19 a.m.  
Blogger Aislinn Sirk said...

You're pregnant?

10:21 a.m.  
Blogger Coco said...

If I could catch you, Bob, I would maim you.

10:24 a.m.  
Blogger Bravie said...

You're pregnant? Who knew?

10:37 a.m.  
Blogger Coco said...

That RB imitation will only get you a free ride for so long, there, Carey.

10:59 a.m.  
Blogger Breezy said...

Did you pop yet?

11:01 a.m.  
Blogger Zombs said...

I think you can do it but it will be close!

(I hope!)

You just have until Saturday, then you can start in the evening.

Make sure you post in the mrongin or soemhow let us know you are here each day!

11:02 a.m.  
Blogger Coco said...

I'm here. I have not "popped" as Breezy so eloquently puts it. *squinty eyes*

I am doing very little for the next few days, so I should be around a lot. My main ambition for this morning is to waddle upstairs and take a nap. I might muster the strength to convince Eric to take down the Christmas tree today, too. That's about it.

11:06 a.m.  
Blogger Monstah said...

Tell me about it. I am stuck here listening to Fox News 24/7. Did you know that 93% of liberals are gay and that oil is actually good for wildlife?

Anyhoo, back to your little discomfort problem...wait. What is exactly wrong? Something about being pregnant? A little heads up would have been nice, Coco. Next time, you should really share this news with trhe rest of us.

11:08 a.m.  
Blogger Monstah said...

PS Dominic looks just like you.

11:10 a.m.  
Blogger Bravie said...

*gasp* a Monsty sighting.

11:16 a.m.  
Blogger Coco said...

Monsty, I hear Fox News is good for the soul.

*no pity from me*

11:17 a.m.  
Blogger Sonya said...

I'm sick. I don't think you will make it the 1st either.

11:20 a.m.  
Blogger Zombs said...

Did the diarrea start?

11:35 a.m.  
Blogger Coco said...

You asked. I answer: yes.

Aren't you thrilled?

11:43 a.m.  
Blogger thndrkttn said...

The fun thing about the peanut blossoms is, I used the caramel filled Hershey kisses for a little surprise.

Glad they arrived and glad you are enjoying. I refuse to share with DH. He was upset yesterday that I wouldn't share any cookies I had received. In fact, he asked "Are those from your on-line girlfirend?" I said "Yes, they're from Carey and I'm not sharing. He answered "Figures." and walked away. HA!

11:45 a.m.  
Blogger Bravie said...

LOL. *sticks tongue out at TK's DH*

12:06 p.m.  
Blogger Aislinn Sirk said...

*pats Coco gently*

Someone should really tell you where babies come from so you can avoid this happening again.

12:16 p.m.  
Blogger Coco said...

*maims Bob cruelly*

1:16 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Diarhea? I did not have this.

And it's 1:58 p.m. EST. You've got 10 hours till I'm out of the pool.

1:58 p.m.  
Blogger Zombs said...

Are you still pregnant? How many more wearingsof the Holy Maternity Overalls do you have in you?

3:14 p.m.  
Blogger lights said...

*pats Coco's belly sympathetically*

LOL @ Bob. When people ask why I only had one child I have two answers. The first is that we hit perfection the first time so there was no use trying again. The second is that once I figured out how it happened the first time I made sure it didn't happen again.

I'm happy to hear that Mom's on her way. Yay Mom!

3:26 p.m.  
Blogger mtw said...

Hey coco, the pics down below are great! And to be honest, you don't look that big. On the trailer scale, I would put you at single wide with a porch - just a tad less than double wide!!!

:-)

3:47 p.m.  
Blogger Coco said...

My in-laws are sitting around my house playing cards. I want everyone to go away so I can be miserable all alone.

*sulk*

4:12 p.m.  
Blogger Sonya said...

Poor Coco. Can someone call Calgon to take her away?

4:14 p.m.  
Blogger lights said...

Shuffle up and Deal! *grin*

The last time my MIL came to visit us she stayed way too long. I even got to the point where I begged Dave to take her to the store with him so I could call my Mom and cry on her shoulder for 10 minutes. You have my sympathies.

4:50 p.m.  
Blogger Swami said...

Like Boo say, diarrhea? I did not have this.

You'll be fine Coco. It's all in the visualization. Once they finally say "push" what you do is brace both your feet on the top of your uterus, put one shoulder into the baby's butt and push him into the light with your whole body. Piece of cake.

So who's on duty to flash the news all over blogland?

5:40 p.m.  
Blogger Swami said...

I almost forgot:

Now go put your feet up!

5:40 p.m.  
Blogger Zombs said...

Yes will there be pictures of the famous cervix?

5:43 p.m.  
Blogger Sonya said...

Who is in charge?

5:53 p.m.  
Blogger Coco said...

I guess that either Eric or my mom is in charge of posting here; I have to give them instructions (and change my password). I will put Bob on the (as yet unmade) list of people to call so if the communication breaks down on this side she can post.

I still feel crappy, but at least I'm hungry now. And the in-laws left. They're back upstairs in FIL's apartment now.

5:56 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your mom is going to flash her cervix?

6:27 p.m.  
Blogger Coco said...

Dear God, I sincerely hope not.

7:42 p.m.  
Blogger Puffy said...

I remember like it was yesterday when you had Dom and it was posted. Cold, cold weather. Hey, you sure pop those babies out fast; was it yesterday?

8:03 p.m.  
Blogger Coco said...

Two years ago on the 16th. So no, not yesterday.

*whacks Puffy*

8:34 p.m.  
Blogger Zombs said...

Yeah Coco, only people with loose morals have 2 kids so close together. Maybe you should check into some birth control.

10:55 p.m.  
Blogger Zombs said...

Gahhhh!!! She is in labour...I just know it! Where is she?

She would have had a comment about my remark above!

She popped!

8:00 a.m.  
Blogger Coco said...

I am not in labour.

*whacks Zombs*

9:10 a.m.  
Blogger Zombs said...

No you are. My spider sense never fails.

WHile you are here can you update. This is too long.

10:14 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home