Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Ode to the Whippet

My new snack obsession. So yummy. A marshmallow on a cookie, covered in chocolate. So simple, so yummy. Dominic likes them too, except he eats off all the chocolate and cookie and leaves the marshmallow.

Oddly enough, when I Googled for a picture (which I can't upload), the first thing that came up was 'Ode au Whippet.' Frenchy link for anyone interested:

http://archives.radio-canada.ca/IDC-0-107-1408-8932/annees80/1989-06-04/clip1

What are your current snack obsessions?

26 Comments:

Blogger Surveysez said...

Country Harvest Cinnamon Raisin Bread - toasted with either butter or cheese. Perfect for breakfast, after lunch, snack or just because.

Are Whippets like Viva Puffs?

12:06 p.m.  
Blogger Coco said...

They're very similar.

Hi! *smooch*

12:08 p.m.  
Blogger Bravie said...

That sounds icky.
My snack obsession right now? Peas
I have been eating a ton of peas lately. I love them.

12:42 p.m.  
Blogger Monstah said...

Don't wanna brag!

Don't wanna boast!

But what I like the most, is toast!

YAY TOAST!

(All Stah gets buttered toast with every meal.)

*WHOMPAH*

So. When are you going to entertain us again with a pregnancy?

1:55 p.m.  
Blogger Monstah said...

At first, I thought you were talking about a dog. I believe whippets are in the greyhound family.

2:24 p.m.  
Blogger Monstah said...

And a new avatar is in order please. I have tired of your current one.

2:25 p.m.  
Blogger thndrkttn said...

I have developed a huge crush on 99% fat free microwave popcorn in the single serving size with just a bit of reduced fat free cheddar shredded on top. I fight with myself virtually every night about having some.

The whippets sound divine! Thought, aren't they really called Mallomars?

2:34 p.m.  
Blogger Swami said...

I am stuck on Crunchy Cheetos, and they are stuck on me. Until I suck the orange simulated cheesey stuff off my fingers anyway.

Coco, you and Monsty can just ignore what I said in Carey's blog. I was just kidding and not fooled at all. Nope, not me. But I still will never let you dog sit for me.

2:40 p.m.  
Blogger Monstah said...

No offense Tkitt ( I am just going to call you BF (best friend) from now on) but I will be in charge of the snacks for our sailing trip.

2:40 p.m.  
Blogger Coco said...

For someone who is on a blog-break, Monsty sure talks a lot.

Today, I blogged and ate Whippets instead of making cookies for Monsty, though, so I guess we're even.

2:54 p.m.  
Blogger Monstah said...

FCPAMF.

3:00 p.m.  
Blogger Breezy said...

I'm trying to remember what those are called here, it's not whippets. But we used to get them all the time growing up

3:18 p.m.  
Blogger thndrkttn said...

Breezy, they were Mallomars.

3:20 p.m.  
Blogger Monstah said...

Growing up, I use to call them "Ernie Cookies" and I have no idea why.

3:22 p.m.  
Blogger Zombs said...

Aren't those Mallomars? They only sell them in the winter months here. It is real chocolate or somthing and they will melt in the summer. I hate marshmallows. Did I tell you I used to think they grew on trees.

My snack now? I don't really snack. I am not really hungry ever. I have been having watermelon for breakdfast which is yummy. I could eat that all day long. Also a pear after dinner. Oh I know I bought those whole fruit ice pops in tangerine, raspberry and strawberry. They are delicious! Only 30 calories a pop!

3:36 p.m.  
Blogger Zombs said...

Oh I see T-Kit beat me to it! Go NY! We call it the right thing!

3:36 p.m.  
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

Ooooh, I've had those, but they weren't called that here.

My favorites had a dab of pink marshmallow smack in the center of the white marshmallow. I dont' know why. I ate them like Dominic...usually left the mallow.

3:39 p.m.  
Blogger Lasann said...

Whip it, whip it good!

Hershey's chocolate will always be my weakness.

5:44 p.m.  
Blogger Swami said...

We used to call them "chocolate-covered marshmallow cookies." The ones my mom liked to buy had a little smidget of strawberry jam betwixt the marshmallow and the cookie. I used to beg for them as a child. But the chocolate coating was so thin and stuck to the marshmallow so thoroughly that I don't think it could be eaten off. You had to suck it off, which left a gooey icky marshmallow thing stuck on the cookie. Then your sister told on you.

Chocolate-dipped Digestives were the best.

5:53 p.m.  
Blogger Lasann said...

And, BTW, Carey get off the peas. That's why your poop is green.

6:05 p.m.  
Blogger momma said...

I don't really have a snack that I've been stuck on.

8:01 p.m.  
Blogger Sneezy said...

I've been sucking back the Arrowroot cookies. Also known as baby cookies. Or for you Brits: Bickies.

9:03 p.m.  
Blogger Breezy said...

Nope not mallomars, those have two cookies with the marshmallow in between and come in other flavors besides chocolate.
Nope.

For some reason I keep thinking Pinwheels. I may have to research this.

8:23 a.m.  
Blogger Breezy said...

*grin* They were Pinwheel cookies. I just asked our rececptionist (who is my age) if she remembered what they were called. *sigh* Now we're both craving them, her a little more cause she's preggers.

8:38 a.m.  
Blogger Buggy said...

I need a new snack

8:55 a.m.  
Blogger Schnookie said...

We used to have those as a kid. I can't remember the last time I had one. They really are yummilicious! The ones I really loved have nuts in the chocolate and a little bit of jelly in the center. Can't remember what they are called.

I think my fave snack would be cheesies or chocolate chip cookies. Or cheese and crackers.

9:27 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home