Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Ticoteet (veux bonbons!)

Dominic and Flip went trick-or-treating for the first time yesterday, and we had so much fun. We just walked around the neigbourhood, only going to about five or six houses, but there were tons of kids out and lots of decorations. Dominic was getting really good at the 'Halloween - merci!' bit, and Philippe just took it all in. We got tons of loot because people kept asking where Flip's bag was, and when we said he was too young for candy and just along for the ride, they'd put double the candies in the one pail.

Dominic also enjoyed passing out candies to other kids. It was such a blast.

Halloween slideshow:

http://s25.photobucket.com/albums/c75/CocoWhaque/?action=view&current=1162349176.pbw

Updating because my brain went to Bizarro World last night and I had the weirdest (and most detailed) dream about you guys. I am only including the G-rated bits because.. well, because.

I left Eric for Carey and she and I got married. It was a lovely wedding, but Eric was mad at me and wouldn't let me see Dominic. I was upset, naturally, so we changed the union to involve not only Eric, Carey, and I, but also Zombs and Mr. Zombs. Everyone moved into our house, which we renovated to make big enough, and lived happily ever after.



Oh.. one more thing. This morning, after 34 years, Eric noticed that his nose is crooked. It points slightly left. He also dresses left, if you catch my drift. He wonders if these two things are related.

Anyway, after this momentous discovery, he left the bathroom and went into the bedroom to dress. As he bent over to put his socks on, I commented on the lovely view (everyone who has ever seen a naked man from behind, particularly bending over, will know what I mean).

His response? "Yeah, I'm thinking of building a gazebo there."

Am I the only one who thinks this is hilarious?

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay for pictures!!!

Sorry, no smooches, me sicky.

9:11 a.m.  
Blogger Swami said...

Coco you have the cutest kids ever and I LOVE their costumes! Caveman and frog boy - too cute. I am enormously fond of frogs so I am giving Dom a full-body cuddle and then a little toss into the air. Smooches for Flip.

But really, you let the cat sit on your table while you're in the room!?! None of my cats would dare do that! (I'm sure they spend the whole night rolling on the table, licking the table and dragging their butts across the table. But never in front of me!)

9:59 a.m.  
Blogger Puffy said...

LOL at Swami.

Great costumes on the kids.

10:51 a.m.  
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

I was almost in tears enjoying the cuteness!

The one of Dom by the pumpkins and Phillipe eating the pumpkin were ADORABLE! And I also loved Phillipe feeding the kitty. He looked so serious.

11:05 a.m.  
Blogger Zombs said...

Is he really eating a pumpkin? Bleh!

They are so cute those handsome boys of yours! I know a pair of girls who would make fabulous prom dates! (Do they have proms in Canada?)

11:33 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm, I'm back and there is now a story.

But I don't think I get the joke.

2:40 p.m.  
Blogger Swami said...

Oh look - text too!

Yes, the gazebo comment is hilarious. I have no idea what it means but it is hilarious. Everything said by men bending over while naked is hilarious - how could it not be?

Tom dresses left too. But his nose is straight as an arrow.

3:05 p.m.  
Blogger Coco said...

I'm here.. I just had to take a nap because obviously that is the only way to get over my stress from so much work, right? Right?

Swami, I am sorry to inform you that that is not a frog costume- in Minic's own words, 'Me gros dinosaur, rawr!'

As for the cats, PITA is a canteloupe freak and will haunt the counters any time there is melon.

Zombs, we have proms, kind of (called Grad). Fur is optional.

Booboo, it was funnier in French because he used the word 'Belvedère', which means something more like 'lookout point' or 'platform overlooking a beauty spot'. Beauty spot, heh.

On the other hand, I am perfectly prepared to admit that it was maybe just fatigue that made me crack up.

3:21 p.m.  
Blogger Zombs said...

So in this union of ours you are the one who is doing the cooking right?

4:16 p.m.  
Blogger Aislinn Sirk said...

Mr Bob puts on his underwear before his socks and I am grateful for that.

7:07 p.m.  
Blogger Coco said...

Zombie, I'll cook if someone else does dishes, okay?


Bob, I keep bugging him to do that but he feels the need to put socks on first.

7:34 p.m.  
Blogger Sneezy said...

Very cute pics.

I can appreciate a gazebo - when strategically placed.

I am also glad that Mr. Bob puts on his underwear before his socks.

Mr. Sneezy puts on his underwear before he takes off his robe.

Unfortunate about the dreams and all.

8:41 p.m.  
Blogger Bravie said...

*smooch* to two adorable little ones. You got a purty family.

10:53 p.m.  
Blogger Lasann said...

Thank cod Swami said frog first. I wrote down that it was a frog or dinosaur - phew!

The caveman outfit is soo cute but I thought it always snowed up there and I worried that he would freeze!

A lookout point - bwahahaha.

Your dream was so funny!

I always wanted to live in a commune full of great peeps!

9:28 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home