Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Battered and Bruised

I am in such pain.

For the last couple of weeks it has been warm here, and all the snow we had melted into great big puddles. Saturday night it froze, and the result was two to three inches of ice everywhere.

Sunday, I fell on the ice and hit my knee hard. I thought it was just a very painful bump, but noticed yesterday that, along with an impressive bruise, part of the skin under my kneecap is numb. This seems bizarre.I walked on it fine all day yesterday, but I fell again yesterday in our death-trap driveway, and now a larger area is numb and I ache from hip to ankle as well as having shooting vertical pains to one side of the numb area.

I also fell another time and landed on my right hand. It now has a big scrape and a huge bruise (think 2 inches by 1).

Really, I like winter, but I loathe ice.

12 Comments:

Blogger Monstah said...

Coco, get thee to a Doctor please. And pump the Advil. Sounds painful!

12:47 p.m.  
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

Eeeek, owie! Take care. And like Monsty says, you should probably go to the doc just to make sure everything is ok.

2:04 p.m.  
Blogger Schnookie said...

Ouchie! Poor Coco *gentle hugs*

Get the boys to cook you dinner tonight.

3:58 p.m.  
Blogger Swami said...

Owie!!! They made great little slip-on foot studs for your shoes. Every winter or two they will save your life. Shall I send you mine? It appears Minnesota is drifting south anyways.

I would be completely terrified of falling while holding Flip.

4:25 p.m.  
Blogger mm said...

Coco! That's awful! Agree with Monsty, get to the doctor!

5:52 p.m.  
Blogger Puffy said...

I hope your boo boos get better soon.

7:14 p.m.  
Blogger Bravie said...

I think it is knee meningitis.

8:03 p.m.  
Blogger momma said...

OW! Get to a doctor woman. You could have some serious damage there.

And the Christmas pics below are too adorable. I love the pic of Dom on skates. He can probably balance better than I ever thought about.

11:01 p.m.  
Blogger Zombs said...

This is so sad. You need to soak in a hot tub with a lovely toasty drink that soothes you.

You are a superstar.

8:50 a.m.  
Blogger Zombs said...

The only place I like ice is in my drinks.

8:50 a.m.  
Blogger Monstah said...

*lol* I think Gordie should dye his hair jet black, get a monocle and black cape and tell people he is the Sesame Street Count.

Ah-ah-ahhhhhhhhh.

9:10 a.m.  
Blogger Lasann said...

Ouch. I don't want to ever fall again 'cause it might take out my other hip!

A doctor could be in order here.

I love the picture on the skates. I'm glad you avoided the fine given in Canada if children aren't put on skates within 5 years of their life!

9:36 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home