Ode to the Cleaning Lady
Yes, we did it! I am working so much we went ahead and hired our very own cleaning lady. It's actually the same woman who babysits the boys when both Eric and I have late classes, so she already knew the house, which was a major bonus.
She comes on Monday afternoons for four hours. Oh, dear Lord how I love that woman. The first day she was there she was supposed to stay for three hours but she phoned me and said she needed four. I felt bad about the fact that the place was such a mess, but then I got home and she said that she hoped we could see a difference.
Difference? It is the best feeling ever to come home (on Mondays I am at work for ten hours) to a shiny-clean house. We were wandering around oohing and aahing over how clean everything was, and Eric actually said it was like winning the lottery. It kind of is, in a way, because she charges (wait for it) 11 dollars an hour. Actually, it costs $15, because it's run by a community organization, but the government subsidizes requests from families with small children (or something like that) and so they pay the $4 that goes to the organization. Hey, if the government wants me to have a clean house, I'll go along with it.
In other news, I dreamt that I killed Mr. Bob (accidentally) and then hid his body in the woods. This disturbs me for some reason.
She comes on Monday afternoons for four hours. Oh, dear Lord how I love that woman. The first day she was there she was supposed to stay for three hours but she phoned me and said she needed four. I felt bad about the fact that the place was such a mess, but then I got home and she said that she hoped we could see a difference.
Difference? It is the best feeling ever to come home (on Mondays I am at work for ten hours) to a shiny-clean house. We were wandering around oohing and aahing over how clean everything was, and Eric actually said it was like winning the lottery. It kind of is, in a way, because she charges (wait for it) 11 dollars an hour. Actually, it costs $15, because it's run by a community organization, but the government subsidizes requests from families with small children (or something like that) and so they pay the $4 that goes to the organization. Hey, if the government wants me to have a clean house, I'll go along with it.
In other news, I dreamt that I killed Mr. Bob (accidentally) and then hid his body in the woods. This disturbs me for some reason.

10 Comments:
*gasp* Not Mr. Bob!
I really want to be a Canadian.
I hop eyou hide all your scotch and tentacle porn. Or maybe she is into it with you...wacka wacka.
Maybe this means you want Bob all to yourself? Selfish Coco.
Yay for the cheap cleaning lady! Did you want to sit on your clean floors and eat and roll around for awhile?
I love having a cleaning lady. She only comes over every other week, on Tuesdays, but it is good.
I too have a cleaning lady, and I love her. But we pay her $90 every two weeks. She was there on Monday for 2 hours. She then called me on Tuesday to ask if she could change our day from Monday to Friday because my house is so easy to clean. Hmmmmm.
But I love it, and I deserve it and so do you. And wow, I love your government as well.
Yay! Yay! Yay!!!!!
I am disturbed about your dream as well. I had a dream about Bravie and Michelle. They kidnapped me.
Welcome to the Wonderful World of Cleaning Ladies!
And boy - is she reasonably priced!
Well, look at us. So many of us are getting cleaning ladies. Does she change sheets and do laundry? Mine doesn't, but my friend's cleaning lady does.
I need a cleaning lady. Can she come to my house? She might need 8 hours and I'll gladly pay the $15. Give here my number, k? :D
I would feel weird about someone changing my sheets. Not sure why. Sheets just seem so personal to me. It's really stupid I feel that way.
I'm kinda glad I just finished talking to Mr Bob.
Post a Comment
<< Home