Monday, October 24, 2005

Moose Steak!

I know that Augie was making inappropriate jokes about this previously, but I do love me some moose steak. And? We just got two packages of it from a neighbour (in exchange for two filing cabinets that Eric brought home because the university was going to throw them away).

Just think of the possibilities! Moose fried in butter, moose fondue, moose stroganoff, moose in mushroom sauce... I'm drooling!

17 Comments:

Blogger Bravie said...

I've never had moose. I have had mousse. Is moose mousse any good?

6:53 p.m.  
Blogger mm said...

Oh look, Carey got here first. *rolls eyes*

Are you seriously talking about moose, as in the animal? And mushrooms? I didn't know people ate moose. Seriously.

*refraining from saying anything else*

6:58 p.m.  
Blogger Coco said...

I have never made moose mousse. I have had divine lobster mousse, though.

And MM, moose is DIVINE. Like bison, only tastier. Everyone hunts (and eats) moose in the backwoods up here. Except Eric, hence the happy moose dance, because I miss it. My dad shot a moose every year when I was a kid, and we had moose everything, even jerky.

I don't think I'll make it with mushroom sauce, though. If I were lucky enough to make a roast, I'd make moose pot roast, but since it's steak I'll go native and have it fried in butter with boiled potatoes on the side.

So hick. So good.

7:04 p.m.  
Blogger yvonne said...

If moose is anything like venison, you can have it. Urk!

And making moose jokes is never inappropriate. Never.

7:19 p.m.  
Blogger Coco said...

Well, Augie, I think you're correct. Moose jokes are always funny.

Venison is icky. Moose isn't.

7:34 p.m.  
Blogger Zombs said...

I'll do my old standby...

Moose droppings?

Nookie likes those. Well heck! So do I!

8:09 p.m.  
Blogger Zombs said...

Coco!

Can you make spaghetti and mooseballs?

8:11 p.m.  
Blogger momma said...

I like mousse, but not moose. At least, I don't think I do. I don't know if I want to know either.

8:42 p.m.  
Blogger Bravie said...

I would try moose. I might not try moose mousse. But ya never know, I'll try anything once. maybe not moose icecream though. But mousse icecream might be good. Unless is it moose mousse icecream, then maybe I wouldn't try it.

9:03 p.m.  
Blogger Zombs said...

Putting mousse in your hair is so 80's!

9:12 p.m.  
Blogger Bravie said...

Hey!!! I need to use mousse in my hair still. I use Bed Head. It's keeps my hair from frizzing more than it alread does.

11:58 p.m.  
Blogger Swami said...

My sister gave her Schnauzer a moose bone from up north once. At first the dog wouldn't touch it, just circled, growling. Then she gingerly picked it up by the very tip of one end, dragged it to the far corner of their property, buried it in the deepest hole ever dug by a dog - and then avoided that corner of the yard for the rest of her life. So I have never eaten moose.

Bison is good. Elk is good. Goat is good. Venison is so-so. Water Buffalo sucks. I'll try just about anything, but whenever moose is an option I remember that poor traumatized Schnauzer and I pass.

12:19 a.m.  
Blogger ~Nutz said...

Moose Tracks is a very yummy ice cream.

Just sayin.

8:05 a.m.  
Blogger Glowie said...

*vomit*

9:28 a.m.  
Blogger Coco said...

Bob, I think of you every time I see one. We're scoping them out for you, never fear.

And Swami, that is the funniest thing I ever heard. I may have to borrow it for my tagline at the other place.

9:29 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with Augie and Glowie here.

The only "moose" I'll entertain is of the "chocolate" variety.

3:50 p.m.  
Blogger Immunegirl said...

I must agree with Coco, moose is much yummier than venison.

(When in Banff...)

5:22 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home