Saturday, November 26, 2005

The Cervix News

I finally caved today and went in to get checked, because I was just totally stressed that I was leaking fluid. Needless to say, there was no problem. Everything is just fine and I should just relax, apparently. It's just that I feel so tense about this situation; when I saw my doctor on Wednesday, I wasn't really listening because Dominic was with me and trying to either destroy the office or colour his hands blue. Therefore, I know that she said I had to rest or else (else being bed rest) but I don't really know what that means. Does it mean cancel everything? Does it mean sit on my butt all day or does it mean do the minimum? What's the minimum? I have such a hard time paring stuff down. I feel bad because I'm still working, because when I work I have more contractions and can't do anything at home, but honestly, I feel like it would be more stressful to leave at this point in the term than to continue. I have three weeks left, and it's all exams, for crying out loud. I cut back my office hours and will correct from home. Eric is doing his best to do all the house stuff and Dominic wrangling, and he is doing a great job, but I feel guilty for just lounging around, even though it's not really "lounging around."

I guess I just need to get over feeling stupid for having gone to the hospital. Well, and maybe get over myself, period.

13 Comments:

Blogger Zombs said...

What exactly happened that made you go to the hospital?

Everything is OK though right? Just more resting?

How is anyone who is mother of a 2 year old supposed to rest? Even if you are in bed they climb all over you!

7:52 p.m.  
Blogger Coco said...

Well, I hate to say it, as it involves the word 'discharge'. You get my drift?

Everything is fine, except I need to rest, rest, rest.

8:03 p.m.  
Blogger Zombs said...

Ahhh not the plug or anything right?

I was leaking a lot of fluid with Annabelle and ended up having low amnionic fluid. But it was easy to rest with ehr since I had no kids then!

Take it easy!

8:07 p.m.  
Blogger mm said...

You better be careful Coco! Seriously, take it easy and do what they say. I know it's hard, though. And you should never *not* go to the Dr. because you are unsure. That's exactly when you should go.

8:12 p.m.  
Blogger Coco said...

No plug involved, thank goodness.

I think all the stress is in my head.

8:12 p.m.  
Blogger lights said...

Coco, nothing is more important than you resting right now. Everything else can wait. I'm sure I made a rule recently about guilt not being allowed. That absolutely applies in your situation.

That said, I know how hard it is to stay off your feet. After a hit above my eye with a baseball once I was told to stay off my feet for a week due to a risk of a detached retina. It was the longest week ever.

If there's anything you need just yell for Bob. *grin*

8:32 p.m.  
Blogger Aislinn Sirk said...

Bloody hell!
Coco, How can you post this? I came to your blog specifically to insult you before I go to bed.
Your bad health is ruining my insult plans! Sheesh.

10:21 p.m.  
Blogger Aislinn Sirk said...

Fine, I will insult you later. But I want you to know, it's gathering interest.

In the meantime, Sit on your ass and do nothing. If you start to feel guilty, pretend you are me and then cackle because you get to sit on your ass and watch other people work.

10:23 p.m.  
Blogger arkie said...

You should not feel guilty, because you are not "lounging around", you are taking care of the baby and yourself.

Little missy, you better take care of yourself, or I will send you some of my special diet cookies. *glares threateningly at you*

11:29 p.m.  
Blogger Monstah said...

Coco. Love. Best Buddy:


Le petit is going to come, when he comes. End of story. I recall you being a much, much happier pregnant woman with Dominic. My advice? Try your best to enjoy the last part of your pregnancy and stop comparing every little symptom to your last pregnancy. No tow pregancys are ever alike.

Rest when you can. Take part in life's activity, when you need to.

And as much as I don't feel like getting into it, discharge was common with my pregnancy and my Doctor use to tell me to expect an increase in the last months. As long as the discharge does not feel like a trickle, it is ok.

*smooch*

I am emailing you later today.

7:25 a.m.  
Blogger Monstah said...

PS For the next month, maybe you should chnage the name of your blog from Coconut's Milk to Coconut's Cervix.

7:27 a.m.  
Blogger Bravie said...

Just don't change it from Coco's Milk to Coco's Discharge.

*hugs*

11:03 a.m.  
Blogger Rose said...

*points up*

oh carey...

*rolls eyes*

11:30 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home