Day of Rest
Good morning!
It's eight a.m. I got up at ten to. Eric left with Dominic about three minutes ago. This means an entire day that is family-free! I changed my office hours so I could stay home and rest before my doctor's appointment tomorrow, though I've felt better yesterday and Sunday.
Dominic started doing the typical toddler "MINE!" yesterday and drove me crazy. I feel like a bad parent because I had such a hard time with him. We just butted heads about everything. I feel like a worse parent because I ship him off to day care; I just cannot imagine coping with him alone five days a week. Still, it's what he has always known, he loves day care, he couldn't wait to get out the door today (although he spent a long time waving to me, which gives me hope).
I meant this to be a cheery post about having all day to myself and being relatively free to do nothing, but now that I think about it, I have to do laundry, make dinner, finish a translation that I promised for last week, and work on my presentation for my course. Nevertheless, I'll be around quite a bit, I imagine.
It's eight a.m. I got up at ten to. Eric left with Dominic about three minutes ago. This means an entire day that is family-free! I changed my office hours so I could stay home and rest before my doctor's appointment tomorrow, though I've felt better yesterday and Sunday.
Dominic started doing the typical toddler "MINE!" yesterday and drove me crazy. I feel like a bad parent because I had such a hard time with him. We just butted heads about everything. I feel like a worse parent because I ship him off to day care; I just cannot imagine coping with him alone five days a week. Still, it's what he has always known, he loves day care, he couldn't wait to get out the door today (although he spent a long time waving to me, which gives me hope).
I meant this to be a cheery post about having all day to myself and being relatively free to do nothing, but now that I think about it, I have to do laundry, make dinner, finish a translation that I promised for last week, and work on my presentation for my course. Nevertheless, I'll be around quite a bit, I imagine.

20 Comments:
Yay!!! for you and for us. Enjoy your day.
*poot*
I'm jealous. I want a day to myself too. Oh yea I took one Friday. Well enjoy!
*smiles*
*whack* There will be no feeling guilty allowed today! <--- new rule
Glad to hear you're feeling better! *hugs*
You are not a bad mom for shipping Dominic off to a daycare that he loves.
Enjoy your day, dear!!!
So. What's for dinner? Poutine and gatton again?
After an hour of peace and quiet, you'll be smiling and enjoying your day alone.
*HUGS*
You might be right.
And? I have no idea what's for dinner. I really have to get my butt up to the freezer and check what there is. We will be having potato-cheese-broccoli soup, though, because I have leftovers that need to be puréed. I will also bake some gingerbread.
*smooches to everyone*
Potato-cheese-broccoli soup sounds delicious!
*droool*
So, what time should I be there? I love creamy soups and that sounds really scrumptious right now!
What is it with you people and soup?
(By you people, I meant the general Blogland community, not Canadians.)
You should feed your child more cookies and ice cream and let him watch more TV. That's what he told me.
Yay! I'm jealous. Have a fun resting day and let me know if you want need anything to do...I've got plenty.
LOL @ Bob.
Enjoy your time, Coco. Try to ignore all the work and just play.
MM <--queen of ignoring work
Soup= cheap and fast. Kind of like me.
*whacks bob*
Coco fascinates me.
She is a cross between Laura Ingalls/Grizzly Adams/Martha Stewart/Claire Huxtable
Like I said before join the bad mothers club! I quit my job to spend time wiht my kids and not put them in a daycare and now I am looking for a school for Jack two days a week like Belle! Remember this. The boy needs his socialization just like you need the rest.
*puts Coco up on pedastal*
Zombs<===in awe
*whacks Zombs*
You know, of that group, I look most like Grizzly Adams. How embarassing.
Now quit with the fawning. *poot*
And here I though MM was the Queen of Smut. What else are you the queen of? *grin*
Don't feel guilty about getting rid of Dominou, especially (as momma said) if he enjoys it. Like Zombie, I quit my job to stay home with the kids, but some days, I'm really glad DD is in school all day and I wish DS would take really long naps and still go to bed at 6:00 pm. :-)
I really shouldn't come here I just get whacked with frozen moose steaks. Speaking of which, Mr Bob was so excited you got to have moose. He's all jealous like.
Mr. Bob romances the moose.
Coco you have a beard and wear flannel?
Post a Comment
<< Home