Sunday, November 27, 2005

I now declare the festive season

open! Hooray!

I woke up this morning full of energy and vim, ready to start the holiday preparations. I don't know what it is that keeps giving me one good day and one bad day, but I guess I have to go with it (although the fumes from the Calvados that I used to preserve the fruitcake may have had something to do with it this morning). After I put the cakes away, I cleaned out one of the junk drawers in Dominic's bureau, the first step of many in preparing for new baby. To do that (yes, I was sitting down) I had to pull out all of the stuff that I just tossed in there for his scrapbook and actually glue it in the scrapbook. The man himself was very cooperative; he was in his booster seat drawing. As soon as he saw the glue stick, he exclaimed "Colle!" and spent the next forty-five minutes gluing construction paper. Gotta love that attention span.

One of the things I found in the drawer? A very cute pic of Lights and Holly Marie. It's on a special page, and we still love the blanket.

This afternoon we are going to put up Christmas lights. Well, Eric is going to put up Christmas lights and I am going to sit and watch. Dominic is going to wade around in the snow. Then, if I'm feeling extra good, I may make cookies. Or not. What I really want to do is make a gingerbread house, but I have to convince Eric to go to Dollarama, which I don' t think he is going to want to do.

Thank you all for your encouraging comments yesterday. I really do feel better and I am not going to overdo it today.

15 Comments:

Blogger Zombs said...

Yay! Good for you!

Snow? It is around 50 degrees here today and all the neighbors are out putting up their lights. The kdis are running around, one neighbor has Christmas music blaring and Jack is in the middle of the street dancing. (We live on a big cul-de-sac...how's that french?)

I have to go to the craft store today to get crafts to do with Belle and Jack. I am going to have them make presents for everyone.

Happy Festivus

It is nice, we worked up a sweat doing it.

12:23 p.m.  
Blogger Monstah said...

Sounds like a festival of lights chez toi. Once Mr. Nats wakes up I am off to the bookstore to buy that baby sleep book you recomended. I managed to lose the title once again but I think it is called "Happy Babies, Happy Sleep" by some guy whose last name begins with a W.

12:53 p.m.  
Blogger ~Nutz said...

Sounds like a fun and festive day!!!

You better stay off your feet. I'll be watching you!

*adjusts webcam to zoom in on Coco*

1:04 p.m.  
Blogger mm said...

How fun! Be good Coco, Nutz is watching you!

2:11 p.m.  
Blogger Coco said...

Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child.

*whack*

2:56 p.m.  
Blogger Aislinn Sirk said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better. Now I can insult you again.

6:22 p.m.  
Blogger Aislinn Sirk said...

Is that your hair or did one of your cats die on your head?

6:22 p.m.  
Blogger Aislinn Sirk said...

And how would you notice if one of your numerous cats did die?

6:23 p.m.  
Blogger Coco said...

You know, you're on thin ice for someone who wants pity cookies.

7:27 p.m.  
Blogger Immunegirl said...

Glad to hear that you are feeling better Coco. :) *smooch*

When things are bad, perhaps you should remember that at least you are not that scary Rose-faerie person from a few posts down. That would certainly make ME feel better.

7:50 p.m.  
Blogger Coco said...

You Know, Now That You Mention It, It Makes Me Feel Good, Too.

8:01 p.m.  
Blogger momma said...

Hooray! You sound in much better spirits than recently.

Hope you were able to accomplish part of that today.

9:26 p.m.  
Blogger Sonya said...

Still shorts weather here and no snow.

10:39 p.m.  
Blogger lights said...

Yay! I'm happy to hear that you are feeling better Coco.

Did I read correctly that you had Holly Marie and I stuck in a junk drawer? *grin*

Seriously, I'm honoured to be in Dom's scrapbook.

9:24 a.m.  
Blogger Coco said...

Er, sorry, Lights. You and Holly Marie spent the better part of two years in a junk drawer.

*smooch*

11:04 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home