Another Intervention
It's Saturday night. Do you know where your husband/wife/sheep is?
I know where mine is. He is on our roof.
Now, let me clarify. It is nine o'clock at night. It is January in Quebec. So, what this comes down to is that he is on our roof, which, though not too steep, is nearly thirty feet up in the air in the dark, in a friggin' blizzard. There has been a foot of snow in the last 24 hours, and now there are winds gusting up to about thirty-five miles an hour (see, I converted that for you people). To get to the roof, he has to balance a stepladder on some very narrow, snow-covered steps and climb, in the wind, over the snow drifting there, walk over the entire roof to the front porch, and do what he has to do.
What does he have to do, you ask? What dire need sends him up to the roof in such awful weather, bravely risking life and limb?
Our satellite is covered in snow and he wants to watch the hockey game at ten.
Yep. I could be a single mother in about five minutes because he wants to watch a hockey game. Tell me why I'm participating in passing on this eedjit's DNA, please?
I know where mine is. He is on our roof.
Now, let me clarify. It is nine o'clock at night. It is January in Quebec. So, what this comes down to is that he is on our roof, which, though not too steep, is nearly thirty feet up in the air in the dark, in a friggin' blizzard. There has been a foot of snow in the last 24 hours, and now there are winds gusting up to about thirty-five miles an hour (see, I converted that for you people). To get to the roof, he has to balance a stepladder on some very narrow, snow-covered steps and climb, in the wind, over the snow drifting there, walk over the entire roof to the front porch, and do what he has to do.
What does he have to do, you ask? What dire need sends him up to the roof in such awful weather, bravely risking life and limb?
Our satellite is covered in snow and he wants to watch the hockey game at ten.
Yep. I could be a single mother in about five minutes because he wants to watch a hockey game. Tell me why I'm participating in passing on this eedjit's DNA, please?

16 Comments:
George III is present and accounted for, thankyouverymuch.
Bwahahaha! Men are so cute.
*crossing fingers that he is okay*
Well, I went out looking for bodies in the snowbank and he is safe and sound. Still, quel moron.
*eyeroll*
I hope his team won, at least.
You need to rope this in asap. He is about two seconds away from fan face painting or even worse, painting a letter on his chest and walking around shirtless.
(Which is why I am a baseball fan, ftr. Not many face painters at all.)
sometimes I miss Canada
Holy heck. Men are selfish and annoying.
My DH is in the doghouse today for not doing anything yesterday while I was too sick and weak to ask him to do anything. Even my children brought me a blanket and a pillow to lie on the couch, but he just did nothing. He didn't even come downstairs until the afternoon. If my head hadn't hurt so badly, I'd have screamed. Then he was in a lousy mood and kept snapping at the kids. Then he expected me to make the whipped cream for the pie. Well, lets' see. I'm sick to my stomach, so let me just take care of that for you. Selfish bastige.
I resent the mention of the sheep. That is all.
P.S. Did he survive?
Wow, and I thought my dh dragging us out in an ice storm to watch the Rams in the Super Bowl was pretty bad.
Mr Bob asked me to relay:
"Eric is great"
Lol, Coco. Altho, isn't snow diving a sport up in Quebec? I seem to remember people (mostly drunken college kids, true) jumping off 2nd and 3d story roofs and into snowbanks.
Mr. Swami would understand your hubbie's need. In the years before we had our satellite dish he once climbed onto our root in a snowstorm to knock the snow off the antenna because the Vikes were in a Superbowl play-off or something and he couldn't miss the big game.
Then, when they did their famous 4th quarter choke routine and started to suck big time, he climbed back on the roof to throw snow at the antenna so he wouldn't have to watch anymore.
Men are different than us. They are way stupider!
Soon, he'll be able to send his boys out to fix such things...
*snicker* That so sounds like something Dave would do. Oh ya, he did something like that once. Nailing metal roofing in the rain, fell off, landed on the only rock in the vicinity and broke three ribs. Spent the night in ICU and three days in the hospital and was off work for five months.
Boys can be so stupid.
I love my cable.
Thank goodness it was not snowing during the evil Duke game this past weekend, or else I would have done the same thing.
*smooches*
My DH would do that for anything on tv. I think he would die if the satellite was down for an extended period of time.
Thankfully, we don't get much snow here. The satellite does go down when really rainy but there isn't much DH can do about that.
*break dances through the poutine in Coco's blog*
Post a Comment
<< Home