Sunday, February 05, 2006

Words of the Day (and Four Things)

Pocket
Mall
Chinchilla

and, sadly, Fuck.

It's been a long day.

Adding my four things:

Four jobs I've had:
1. Grocery cashier
2. Busboy
3. Salesgirl (fine china, believe it or not)
4. Teacher

Four movies I can watch over and over:
1. Monty Python's Search for the Holy Grail
2. Top Secret
3. Dangerous Liaisons
4. Bring It On (oh, the shame)

Four Places I have lived:
1. Cecil Lake, B.C.
2. Merville, B.C.
3. Victoria, B.C.
4. La Baie, QC

Four Shows I love:
1. Survivor
2. American Idol
3. Iron Chef
4. What Not To Wear (despite being a poster child for "Before" right now)

Four highly-touted TV shows I detest: I agree with Arkie, I cannot think of any I detest, so I will just list highly-touted shows that I have never watched or just couldn't get into.
1. Lost
2. Law & Order
3. CSI
4. ER

Four books I'd recommend to anyone, anytime (this is an unfair question. Who recommends books to ANYONE? This is hard!):
1. The Joy of Cooking
2. The Complete Works of Shakespeare
3. A Suitable Boy, by Vikram Seth
4.

Four places I have vacationed:
1. Poland
2. Scotland
3. Newfoundland
4. Hawai'i

Four of my favorite dishes (also very hard, so I'm excluding desserts):
1. Sushi
2. Shrimp coconut curry
3. Steak frites
4. Weenie roast (hot dogs over a fire, potatoes and carrots in foil)

Four sites I visit daily:
1. RTVW
2. Blogger
3. Yahoo email
4. bigbadbabynames.com

Four places I would rather be right now:
1. Sleeping
2. Sleeping
3. Sleeping
4. Getting a pedicure on a nice warm beach somewhere.

And I'm tagging:
1. Sneezy (she's new)
2. Seana
3. Sonya
4. Schnookie

23 Comments:

Blogger Bravie said...

I thought Fuck was always word of the day?

*hugs*

4:25 p.m.  
Blogger Coco said...

Not for my two-year-old.

Unfortunately, I shut my own foot in the back door, so now he knows it.

4:29 p.m.  
Blogger Swami said...

Are we supposed to use those words in a sentence? Or to make a story? Because I can do that. Just pity the poor little fucked-over chinchilla if I do.

5:49 p.m.  
Blogger Swami said...

I forgot my favorite 2-year-old fuck story:

My friend had a two-year-old who had a lot of trouble with initial hard consonants. Thus, he called a "truck" a "fuck". The kid was forever blowing people away in public (and embarrassing his mom no end) by yelling things like, "Look at the big fuck!!!" while they were out shopping or something.

It was the most fun when he pointed too. "Look! A fuck!" Everybody, and I mean everybody, stopped whatever they were doing and looked in the direction he was pointing. Sadly, many people gave my poor friend the "bad mommy" look.

And nobody ever asked him what he wanted to be when he grew up.

5:56 p.m.  
Blogger arkie said...

I got it! You had a chinchilla in your pocket as you went to the mall. You forgot the chinchilla was there, and slipped your hand in your pocket. The chinchilla bit you, and you yelled, "Fuck!"

6:21 p.m.  
Blogger mm said...

LOL! I got a good chuckle out this and Swami's friend's son.

I haven't said Fuck in front of my kids yet but I did say Shit, when a car almost backed into me. Other than that, they've heard me say Damnit countless times.

No worries, he'll forget it.

I have to admit, if Arkie's creative story ever happened to me, I would definitely say it then, too.

6:32 p.m.  
Blogger Coco said...

Clarification: those are the new words that Dominic learned today.

*sits and waits for Swami's story*

7:08 p.m.  
Blogger Coco said...

Actually, you should know that I rarely say "fuck." In French, I have a mouth like a truck driver, but in English, I'm kind of a prissy schoolma'am.

Oh! and the moderator at the bad baby names board has a chinchilla called Chinzilla.

7:20 p.m.  
Blogger Sneezy said...

Maybe we can focus on Chinchilla. I always thought a good name would be "Chin-Chin" as in Chin-Chin the Chinchilla.

Pocket is a good focus too. Lots of fun things in pockets like, cookies, candies and tickling hands.

P.S. You knew it had to happen some time. Now you have to be on your best behaviour. On the other hand, we had friends who didn't hide it as that's who they were - people who used the F-word.

P.P.S. I've just re-found the pics from last summer. I'm sure Dom has changed a lot! Oink!

7:20 p.m.  
Blogger Sneezy said...

Four jobs I've had:
1. McDonalds
2. Berry Picker
3. Customs Officer
4. Collections Officer

Four movies I can watch over and over:
1. Big Fish
2. My Big Fat Greek Wedding
3. Pretty Woman
4. Miss Congeniality(oh, the shame)

Four Places I have lived:
1. Abbotsford, B.C.
2. Ottawa, ON
3. Victoria, B.C.
4. Vancouver, B.C.

Four Shows I love:
1. CSI
2. Lost
3. Invasion
4. What Not To Wear

Four highly-touted TV shows I detest:

1. 24
2. Law & Order
3. American Idol (once they get to be all good singers, I can handle it)
4. ER

Four books I'd recommend to anyone, anytime:
1. Memoirs of a Geisha
2. Live of Pi
3. Outlander
4. Harry Potter

Four places I have vacationed:
1. Mexico
2. Disney
3. Toronto
4. LaBaie

Four of my favorite dishes (also very hard, so I'm excluding desserts):
1. BBQ steak with baked potato
2. Turkey dinner
3. Tempura
4. Cheezy Potatos (hashbrowns with cheese, canned soup, etc.)

Four sites I visit daily:
1. Canoe.ca (canadian news- because Canadians don't surf, they anoe)
2. Blogger
3. Yahoo email
4. CRA.gc.ca

Four places I would rather be right now:
1. Sleeping
2. Mexico
3. Caribean
4. Cruise

11:48 p.m.  
Blogger Sneezy said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:48 p.m.  
Blogger Seana said...

Greetings, Sneezy!

My boss really enjoyed The Life of Pi. He always seemed to think I'd enjoy literature. Sadly, I'm not smart enough for it.

*****

My son still says "f" for any number of consonant blends. Dumptruck = dumfuck. That's humour.

OTOH, my daughter has always spoken with crystal clarity. When she was 2, we were driving on the highway. It was just the 2 of us in the car when someone cut me off quite unexpectedly and I gasped and hit the brake, narrowly avoiding a nasty collision. As I tried to catch my breath, I heard a helpful little voice in the back asking "Fuck, Mommy?" Daddy and I had a little chat.

12:55 a.m.  
Blogger lights said...

Morning Coco! Did you get as much snow as we did on the weekend? In the past week we've had almost 3 feet of the white stuff. Yes, it is very pretty but my back is tired of shovelling it off the deck.

I've told the story of my nephew Mathew before and his difficulty with certain sounds. We brought him camping with us one time when he was really little and Dave and another guy took him across the lake in the boat and then they walked down a trail that had a number of exposed tree roots. Mathew had a stick in his hand and as he followed behind Dave and the other guy he piped up and said, "I'm gonna poke you in the butt with a big dick." I can hardly wait until he gets married. I want to be the MC. *evil grin*

Welcome Sneezy! Gesundheit.

8:38 a.m.  
Blogger Swami said...

Lol at Lights and Seana.

Coco, when your kids learn a new swear word this means that soon you will ge having relatives visit. That's how it works. Two out of three of my kids learned to yell 'Oh Shit!' just days before the MIL and then my mom came for a stay.

Hi Breezy!

And Arkie told a story so I'm off the hook.

9:20 a.m.  
Blogger momma said...

Hi Sneezy!

Do we know Sneezy? Why doesn't Sneezy have a blog?

9:48 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*Counts weeks since Beeloop's birth*

Okay, so "fuck" is probably not a good word yet.

"Chinchilla* is pretty good. I've been hearing a lot of "NO MEDICINE" these days. And during football season, I accidentally screamed, "bullshit," which was soon picked up by Conner too.

*smooches Coco's boo boo*

9:51 a.m.  
Blogger Schnookie said...

How cute to hear him say chinchilla *giggle*

Oh, I forgot about "Bring it on". Should have added that one to my list LOL.

*waves* to Sneezy. I also love the movie "Miss Congeniality".

11:07 a.m.  
Blogger Sonya said...

Going to post. Thanks for the tag Coco. LOL!

12:58 p.m.  
Blogger Sonya said...

I posted my tag. Are you proud of me? LOL!

1:16 p.m.  
Blogger ~Nutz said...

Why did you not put the Harry Potter books in the blank space there?

5:28 p.m.  
Blogger Sneezy said...

Sneezy has a small blog but she doesn't know the protocol to let others in.. Please help.

8:27 p.m.  
Blogger mtw said...

Coco, I love Bring It On. Eliza Dushku - mmmm. :-)

I said the "F" word in the car with my older daughter last week (under my breath) when a car almost backed into us. It was the first time. She'll be 18 in 4 months!

1:11 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I forgot about Bring It On. I love that movie too.

9:40 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home