Thursday, November 02, 2006

Crazy Cat Family

Well, it's finally happened. Our reputation as a crazy cat family has spread beyond our own yard.

Today, as I was getting dinner ready, a complete stranger from down the street knocked on my door and asked me if we had a gray-and-white cat. I said yes, and she said she had found him.

Not possible, say I, because even we can't get close to Dino half the time, and besides, he is currently blissfully asleep on my clean laundry.

Then, she says this cat has been hanging around her house and she has been feeding him, but it's starting to get cold and she's worried about him freezing. She'd take him, she says, but she's allergic. Could she possibly bring him to me because we have so many cats, what's one more, and besides, I look like such a nice person, she's sure he would be happy.

I say I can't possibly take another cat, but bring him on over and I'll see if I can find him a home.

She comes back with ... Dino's brother! I mean, I don't know for sure, but the chances of two cats like that within the same block, to me, point to that old gray tom. They have the same pointy nose, same fur colour and texture, same affectionate nature.

Also, he is uber-friendly. She just handed him to me and I picked him up and snoogled him. Unfortunately, he is still outside because he hissed at our cats, plus he has a massive pair of testicles and I have no need for any more cat pee in my house for a long while (did I mention we had to throw out our toaster oven because it was peed on? Toasted cat pee smells infinitely worse than the natural kind, in case you were wondering).

Anyone want a really lovely kitty?

17 Comments:

Blogger Zombs said...

Do you Canandians use the cat testicles too? You are so resourceful.

DOn't worry your crazy cat family reputation has already spread down here!

ARe you keeping him? I am currently trying to get Belle to ask DH for a puppy. The last thing we need is a puppy but it would be so cute right?

7:37 a.m.  
Blogger Coco said...

Glad to hear that I am associated with boobs and cats.

Anyway, we are NOT keeping him. We have too many cats as is.

Puppies are adorable.

8:45 a.m.  
Blogger Swami said...

Sure you're not keeping him. I mean, it is so easy to give away a full-grown uncut male cat. And when it gets really cold you will let him inside. Crazy cat lady.

P.S. I am trying out a new avatar today.

9:51 a.m.  
Blogger Zombs said...

I want ot push Swami's "easy button".

10:17 a.m.  
Blogger Aislinn Sirk said...

I was calling you a crazy cat lady long before your neighbours.

But then, I always was a visionary.

12:09 p.m.  
Blogger Lasann said...

I want him - mail him down here!

12:14 p.m.  
Blogger Coco said...

Really, Lasann?

*grabs box*

Just say the word!

2:20 p.m.  
Blogger Lasann said...

I wonder what he would look like when he arrived?

7:09 p.m.  
Blogger Coco said...

I'm sure Puffy has an appropriate image.

However (hooray!) the girl called me at dinner time and said she'd found him a home nearby. I hope it works out.

Lasann, I will keep you in mind for the next cat I am offered.

8:59 p.m.  
Blogger Sneezy said...

US postal service will accept mailed live animals. Canada Post will not.

9:47 p.m.  
Blogger Seana said...

I'm glad you sttod firm and are not taking the cat. I'm here to tell you that taking on too many responsibilities is stupid. And I'm not often here to tell anyone that anymore because I have taken on too many responsibilities and no longer have any time to myself.

The phrase "toasted cat pee" makes me laugh.

9:54 p.m.  
Blogger ~Nutz said...

*snort* @ the toasted cat pee! :D

You'll keep him, I bet!

10:55 a.m.  
Blogger Monstah said...

I bet you ten american dollars you can't throw Dino over your house.

Catapult!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11:31 a.m.  
Blogger yvonne said...

There is nothing wrong with being the neighborhood crazy cat family.

Augie <--- crazy cat family member

8:33 a.m.  
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

I think you are stuck with the new kitty. :-)

1:12 p.m.  
Blogger Zombs said...

Did the crazy cat take over your computer?

8:12 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No thanks on the cat, but I will have some cookies.

12:07 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home