Thursday, September 29, 2005

So.So.Cool

Okay, I'm blog overdosing today (unlike some of you peeps, who need to update), but I just found something so cool I can barely stand it: my MA thesis is ONLINE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, I was reading on another board about how people google their children's names to find out if there's anyone else with that name and if so, what they do. I googled Dominic, and found only one entry: a birth announcement in my university newsletter. Then, I googled myself, and found.. oh, wait for it.. my thesis on the National Library of Canada site. Scanned.

So some poor summer co-op student had to scan my entire thesis for web publication. Seriously, people, this makes me so happy I can barely see. Over 120 pages had to be put on the little scanner, buttons had to be pressed.. oh, I am so thrilled.

I'm mainly editing to see why this hasn't published, but if anyone wants to read it.. :)

28 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

If I thought that I would be able to understand even one word, I would read it. Butt youse to smaht 4 me. *grin*

4:01 p.m.  
Blogger Bravie said...

Yeah, what Jen said. *grin*

4:14 p.m.  
Blogger Coco said...

It's in French. :D

The word "poutine" does not figure large.

4:15 p.m.  
Blogger Monstah said...

If you google me you get a B rate actress who starred in robot movies.

Do you speak french to Dominic?

And I did update my blog but then I deleted my post.

And in other news, I am also PMS-ing. So, I get to try cramming the tampons again. (Think round peg, square hole.)

4:37 p.m.  
Blogger Monstah said...

PS Congrats!

4:37 p.m.  
Blogger Monstah said...

Maybe I *do* talk about my cervix a lot?

4:40 p.m.  
Blogger Jen said...

The phrase "cramming the tampons" actually made me cringe. Owie.

4:54 p.m.  
Blogger Monstah said...

I wish I could harpoon them in, that is how tight it has gotten in there, Sistah Stah. You would think the opposite would happen after childbirth.

4:57 p.m.  
Blogger Monstah said...

Oh! Also! (Sorry to keep posting but this is important...)Remember when I said my hair had more of a wisp than a curl? Well, I talked it over with a few people and we all agree it is actually a tuft, not a wisp.

4:59 p.m.  
Blogger Syren said...

Congrats. That is awesome.

6:41 p.m.  
Blogger Coco said...

Hey, Syren! It's not actually that awesome, as all the theses published in Canada go to the National Library, but it made me happy to think of some poor Arts student scanning the pages. I'm a sadist that way.

And Monsty? I sympathize with your tampon problems, but this is about ME!

*whack*

Although if you are really having sex, why are tampons a problem? Unless there are things that Mr. Monstah doesn't want us to know, of course.

9:05 p.m.  
Blogger Coco said...

(green post)

Hey! What are you doing having periods, anyway? Aren't you nursing? Isn't All Stah only about three months old? What's the deal?

And no, I speak English to Dominic. Eric speaks French to him.

9:06 p.m.  
Blogger Zombs said...

When we google ourselves do we use our married name, maiden name(I hate that term) or screen name?

Good for you Coco! Can you do the next paper in Japanese?

9:17 p.m.  
Blogger Zombs said...

*gasp*

I googled Zombiebaby and do you believe that there are others? Other people are using MY screen name on other message boards! What if they try to misrepresent me and all that I stand for?

There is one on a BMW board and another on "Really Scary" boards. Beware! These are not the real Zombiebabies!

SHeesh. How lame to pick that name on a "REally Scary" forum.

9:32 p.m.  
Blogger Coco said...

I didn't change my name when I got married, so I used my birth name.

10:35 p.m.  
Blogger momma said...

There are Others? Do they speak French?

9:59 a.m.  
Blogger Glowie said...

umm. A whole bunch of stuff comes up when I googled my name. *paranoid*

I would love to read your thesis. *puts on sincere look*

10:03 a.m.  
Blogger Monstah said...

1. I googled your name and I am getting hits on some chick from Arkansas? (Not Ahkie). How do I get to your thesis? (you can email me the link.)

2. Breastfeeding. It has become a painful subject both pysically and emotionally-- the latter being why I have not really talked about it. In brief, an existing medical condition has prevented me from breastfeeding. It is called Raynaud's Disease (sounds way worse than it is) and it a circulation disorder that effects the extremities. My condition is awful in the cold months. My hands become painful becuase my fingers turn white in cold weather.

Well, this condition has also been known to flair during beastfeeding. (Which I did not know until recently) The nipple is an extremity, I guess. It started about month and a half ago and it got worse. It got so bad that Nathaniel was not eating well. After a couple of visits to my OB and one to a Rhuematolgist (sp?) I started supplementing and that helped a little...

Anyway, it was an exhausting emotional experince and I really felt like a failure blah, blah, blah.

I am fine now (emotionally) and really I tried my best and carried him through the first month with breastmilk.

Hence the reason for the whole self esteem post, I think.

Sorry this is jumbled...but once again Nathaniel is waking and I have to hurry.

I am probably going to regret posting this...I seem to never connect the fact that this is a public forum. Sometimes it feels like a couple of friends sitting around sipping tea.

Got to run...have a good weekend! Signing off for a few because we are going down to the Cape.

10:09 a.m.  
Blogger momma said...

*hugs* Monsty!

I was only able to breastfeed Rotten1 for 4 weeks due to his extreme hunger and my lack of production. I was able to breastfeed Rotten2 for about 2 months and then supplemented until about 4 months. It's hard! And you have to do what's best for you and Nathaniel. Don't worry about it!

11:35 a.m.  
Blogger Coco said...

*hugs* Monsty. It must have been tough for you to supplement. I know you really wanted to nurse longer. You did your best, and that's the main thing.

I'll send you the link while you're away. I'm child-free this weekend for the first weekend ever, so I have time. (My middle name is the key. I seem to be the only one.)

Momma, that four-week mark is a tough one. Most babies have a growth spurt and want to eat every hour or two for about 24-48 hours. When they do this, it actually increases the supply, but it often seems like they aren't getting enough. When it comes on top of a month of sleep deprivation, it can be hellish.

*whacks glowie and zombs* I can see you two, you know.

12:45 p.m.  
Blogger Monstah said...

I will click your link! (Sounds like geek foreplay, uh?) Anyway I will NEVER be able to understand it but I! am a supportive friend so the least I can do is look at it and feel proud of you.

1:46 p.m.  
Blogger momma said...

Coco, you're most correct about that four week mark. Our problem became that he'd eat for an hour or two, rest for 15-30 minutes and eat again for an hour. Continously. For a week. I couldn't handle it.

2:28 p.m.  
Blogger Schnookie said...

*stares at Coco in awe*

You wrote a whole thesis in French and there's no mention of poutine? *boggle*

Well, I'm very proud of you Coco!!
*smooch*

3:05 p.m.  
Blogger Coco said...

A week would be totally out of hand, Momma. I can't imagine it. It makes me tired just thinking about it.

Nookie, I am so glad you're impressed. *whacks nookie*

3:33 p.m.  
Blogger arkie said...

I googled for arkiegrl. The majority of the hits were for the message boards. A couple for blogs. The nascar fantasy racing. All no problem.

But it also hits, somehow, a freakin' porn site! Ewwww!

10:09 p.m.  
Blogger gothmog said...

coco--congrats. I'd also be interested in the link. not that I'd be able to understand it. My MA must be one of those bogus ones--we weren't required to write a thesis. I did have to take a pretty nasty comp. exam, tho.

arkie, re: the porn site--that was you?

10:57 p.m.  
Blogger yvonne said...

Colour me impressed.

(notice the high-falutin' canucky spellin' of color)

10:18 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I googled me and came up with nothing. I like nothing. *grins*

And congrats, Coco!

9:24 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home