Les Échangistes
Okay, stupid French joke.
Okay, so for the cookie exchange, so far we have:
Swami
Rose
Carey
Tkit
Sonya
Arkie
Booboo
Any more?
My suggestion is that we send two dozen cookies to two people. Two parcels are not much more trouble or expense than one, and that way people can understand how good your cookies are.
So, please, answer again if you're interested and list the recipes that you could use.
My recipes:
Leekerli (honey and spice cookie with candied peel, Norwegian)
Shortbread(my great-aunt's recipe, no cornstarch)
Aunt Jenny's Fruit Jumblies (fruit and nut cookies)
Cheesers (my great grandmother's recipe, a cream-cheese pastry stuffed with marmalade)
Gingerbread (well, I can't tell you where I got this recipe, because it's not a family recipe and I'm ashamed. Still, it is the Best.Gingerbread.Recipe ever; I use it for decorations because the dough can be rolled out two or three times without getting tough and they still taste good after a week on the tree)
I am not including the florentines just because they are such a huge pain to make. I'm not making them this year, either.
Okay, so for the cookie exchange, so far we have:
Swami
Rose
Carey
Tkit
Sonya
Arkie
Booboo
Any more?
My suggestion is that we send two dozen cookies to two people. Two parcels are not much more trouble or expense than one, and that way people can understand how good your cookies are.
So, please, answer again if you're interested and list the recipes that you could use.
My recipes:
Leekerli (honey and spice cookie with candied peel, Norwegian)
Shortbread(my great-aunt's recipe, no cornstarch)
Aunt Jenny's Fruit Jumblies (fruit and nut cookies)
Cheesers (my great grandmother's recipe, a cream-cheese pastry stuffed with marmalade)
Gingerbread (well, I can't tell you where I got this recipe, because it's not a family recipe and I'm ashamed. Still, it is the Best.Gingerbread.Recipe ever; I use it for decorations because the dough can be rolled out two or three times without getting tough and they still taste good after a week on the tree)
I am not including the florentines just because they are such a huge pain to make. I'm not making them this year, either.

24 Comments:
The best Christmas cookies that I make are called candy cane cookies. They don't taste like candy canes, they look like candy canes. They are an almond flavored cookie thing. They are the big hit at my yearly cookie bake. So that's what I'll be making. *grin*
Can we have a pickle exchange instead?
What? I have to decide what cookies now???
I'm interested, and I would possibly make:
Santa Surprise cookies
Or something from one of my many cookbooks.
I like pickles. But not pickled cookies.
*whacks* Zombs
I didn't make pickles this year, more's the pity. Dominic would consume one a day if I let him. Next year we could do a preserve exchange, though.
Jam on it!
I love pickles. Let me know when I have to figure out which cookie to make.
P.S. Coco, my friend is from Canada and for our U.S. Thanksgiving they are doing a spread and everyone is to make something from their culture to bring. She is trying to think of something that is completely Canadian. Any suggestions?
Frenched Moose?
*bwahahahahahaha*
Coco, I'm sorry but I can't do the exchange. I really wish I could.
Sorry.
No problem. I totally understand.
*smooch*
Parcel is such a Candian term. You forgot to include me as the Running Commentator.
WARNING: Rudy said if you eat Bravie's cookies, you might catch the gay disease.
LOL @ Monsty! *grin*
Amaretto Chocolate Chunk
Oatmeal Raisen
Peanut Butter (chewy)
Pistachio sugar
Or just about anything else if you would like to request.
Yeah. What Bob said. There is a limited amount of cyber-space out there and we are sick of you sucking it all up. Please be more considerate in the future.
I *better* not have to speak to you again on this matter.
Monsty and Rudy are correct. I am making gay candy cane cookies. I'm trying to convert everybody.
I wish I could bake because I'd love to participate in the cookie exchange. My cookies always turn out burned.
Enjoy the exchange ladies!
I am looking forward to the pickle exchange *grin*
I am having a REALLY rough time at work so I would like to have something fun to do at x-mas. If you'll have me, I would like to participate. I will be making:
chocolate Caramel crunch bars
checkerboard shortbread cookies
peanut butter kiss cookies
chocolate covered cherry cookies (I_AM_HE_) and his brother fought over these when he was my SS.
Too much chocolate?
I also make a mean, peanut butter oatmeal coconut cookie...
No more french jokes please. We Americans find all that french chit-chat to be very disorienting.
Thank you for your consideration.
Monsty suce.
C'est tout.
Oh, et elle avale.
Welcome to T-kit. I'll add you to the 'nice' list.
The 'nice' list? Is that opposed to 'The List' that Monsty is on the top of?
*wink*
Thanks just let me know when and where.
Why didn't I know about this exchange? You gals have all the fun when I'm not around.
I want cookies. And I will make cookies. Probably nothing super fancy like you've listed. But I can make cookies, darn it.
And I, will have a nice presentation.
Clarification, please? We're each only making one or two kinds of cookies, yes?
Post a Comment
<< Home