Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Schadenfreude

Bob has just totally made my day. Possibly my month.

The first boy I ever really kissed, the first boy I was in love with for many many months (and who, incidentally, turned out to be going out with someone else at a different school and who, later on, pretended he didn't know me) has not changed one tiny bit. I just saw about 47 pictures of him and he looks just like he did in high school, only thinner and wrinklier. AND? he's still a complete geek.

So am I, but this just warms the cockles of my bitchy little heart. Magic: The Gathering champion and star trombone player. I love it!

41 Comments:

Blogger Zombs said...

Did he look like Harry Potter?

9:46 a.m.  
Blogger Aislinn Sirk said...

Actually....

9:52 a.m.  
Blogger Aislinn Sirk said...

Well, he didn't have glasses.

9:52 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This reminds me of a girl I saw at Target the other day. She was super stuck up in high school, very popular, very pretty. I do believe she had the absolute best yearbook picture. The best. I saw her Sunday at Target, and she is not quite the babe she was back then. Not even close.

Such a snooty little bitch she was.

9:57 a.m.  
Blogger Coco said...

He did too have glasses.

10:03 a.m.  
Blogger Bravie said...

You said cockles. *giggle*

10:09 a.m.  
Blogger Aislinn Sirk said...

Coco is right. He did have glasses. (Coco is often right about these things)

10:15 a.m.  
Blogger Aislinn Sirk said...

He was a LOT cuter in high school.

10:16 a.m.  
Blogger Aislinn Sirk said...

I to google myself. What a nice sweater I have!

10:18 a.m.  
Blogger Aislinn Sirk said...

I had to google myself, I meant.

10:18 a.m.  
Blogger Swami said...

What the heck is "Magic: The Gathering?" It sounds like a cult. There are just so many cults these days I lose track.

Also? "Trombone player" is Code. You went out with a champion trombone player? :giggle:

10:40 a.m.  
Blogger Coco said...

That is a nice sweater. I bet someone spent lots and lots of time knitting that sweater. It was probably a really warm sweater, too.

10:47 a.m.  
Blogger Aislinn Sirk said...

It was such a nice warm sweater, but it wasn't too hot when it was warm either.

I loved that sweater.

11:33 a.m.  
Blogger Aislinn Sirk said...

Not enough to not lose it obviously, but I still loved it.

11:33 a.m.  
Blogger Sonya said...

I'm lost as usual.

12:11 p.m.  
Blogger Seana said...

*sits on "lost" couch with Sonya*

I think Coco's happy that her old flame who treated her badly is not living the high life.

I don't get the sweater bit at all.

12:56 p.m.  
Blogger Aislinn Sirk said...

Coco knitted me a very nice sweater. If you search my name on the internet, I am wearing that sweater. However, within a year of Coco knitting me (by hand) this beautiful sweater I lost it somewhere.

1:11 p.m.  
Blogger ~Nutz said...

*sits with Seana & Sonya*

1:39 p.m.  
Blogger Zombs said...

TOBOGGON RIDES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2:30 p.m.  
Blogger Sonya said...

Seana & Nutz,

wanna drink? Maybe we will understand if we are drunk.

*giggles*

2:35 p.m.  
Blogger Coco said...

He did sort of treat me badly, but it was mainly teenage boy thoughtlessness. I don't even hate him or anything. It just cracks me up that he still looks just like he did back then, and that he's such a geek (Magic: The Gathering is a trading card/fantasy game. I happen to have a lot of cards too, but play only for fun).

2:35 p.m.  
Blogger ~Nutz said...

Line 'em up Sonya! It's 5:00 somewhere, right?

I'll take a strawberry daquiri!

*laughs that Coco has Magic:The Gathering cards* I think Coco is really a 14 y.o. boy that looks like Harry Potter!

2:39 p.m.  
Blogger Coco said...

I started buying those things when they first came out, because my then-husband was into them. Eric and I still played from time to time up until about the time Dominic was born, and now they just sit around. I should sell the darn things; they're probably worth something.

*whaques Nutz*

2:53 p.m.  
Blogger lights said...

Let me get this straight. If I google "bobdechemist" I'll see a picture of you wearing a sweater that Coco knit?

Is this kinda like telling Carey to check her red flag? *grin*

3:01 p.m.  
Blogger Monstah said...

Gee, just when I thought you could not possibly get any dorkier...

3:01 p.m.  
Blogger lights said...

*waves @ Monstah*

3:02 p.m.  
Blogger mm said...

Hmm. I heard there were drinks being served here...? The rest? I'm totally lost. *waves* to Sonya, Nutz and Seana.

3:04 p.m.  
Blogger Zombs said...

TOBOGGON RIDES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3:05 p.m.  
Blogger Seana said...

Zombie cracks me up. Is this like eating bread in blogs? Are we all invited to go tobogganing?

3:35 p.m.  
Blogger Zombs said...

oops...I came here twice.

Sorry, torque on too tight!

3:35 p.m.  
Blogger Coco said...

*sets out bowl of rum punch*

Monsty, if you think that I can't get any dorkier, you are sadly, sadly mistaken, my friend.

3:35 p.m.  
Blogger Sonya said...

As long as its after noon we can drink. LOL!

*jumps on ride with Zombs*

3:40 p.m.  
Blogger ~Nutz said...

Oooooh! Rum punch!!! *slurp*

Hey, do you have any cheese & crackers to go with that?

3:44 p.m.  
Blogger Coco said...

No. Just chocolate cake with orange icing.

4:00 p.m.  
Blogger Zombs said...

*waits for cake with cool whip*

4:09 p.m.  
Blogger Coco said...

Zombs, you may die of old age before I make a cake with that petroleum crap.

4:11 p.m.  
Blogger Zombs said...

You are beautiful when you get worked up! I like iritating you :)

6:13 p.m.  
Blogger Zombs said...

You are beautiful when you get worked up! I like iritating you :)

6:13 p.m.  
Blogger Coco said...

If it weren't for our mutual loathing of Pringles, I would whack you.

7:00 p.m.  
Blogger Immunegirl said...

But would you whack her twice?

7:15 p.m.  
Blogger Coco said...

Perhaps. But wouldn't you like one?

*winds up to whack Iggy*

7:20 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home